Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lake Berryessa


Two weeks ago the Prof went for a lovely hike to Lake Berryessa. Here he took on water fowl much bigger than ducks and probably bigger than himself, Canadian Geese.... with goslings. Again Sarah freaked out, afraid that the Prof would chase geese forever and finally crawl out of the lake on the other side only to go wild and live with a family of coyotes. Again I was prooven wrong and my puppy's love for me conquered his desire to run away. Once he got tired he responded to my desperated calls of "Professor Come!" and swam against the current home to mommy. (That little speck is his head) Then Stephan and Kati found a tennis ball and with my trust in the puppy renewed I let him off leash again to play some fetch in the lake. Later he decided to go say hello to some men in paddle boats who were kind enough to lead him back to shore. Next weekend we are planning a return trip to Point Isabelle with reenforcements in the form of Aunt Sarah, possibly the Professor's favorite person in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment